BLET Auxiliary Members,
We are pleased to inform you that Open Enrollment has begun for the BLET Group Disability and Life insurance Plan. As a member of the BLET Auxiliary you and your family now have access to Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance underwritten by Prudential. During this Open Enrollment members who are not currently enrolled or new to the BLET can enroll in these important benefits to protect a family’s income from loss due to injury, illness, or death. This Open Enrollment will go through June 28, 2022, and coverage will be effective on July 1, 2022.
The following options will be offered to members who currently do not have coverage or are new to the BLET:
Short-Term Disability (24/7 coverage)
- All members have multiple options for Short Term Disability income protection.
- Benefits can be stacked with other benefits such as RRB sickness benefits.
- Benefits are paid to the member tax free.
Long-Term Disability (24/7 coverage)
- Benefits start paying after one year or when Short Term Disability ends.
- Members have multiple choices that will allow them to protect their income for either 2 years or 5 years.
- These benefits can help fill the gaps between when a member files for occupational disability and when RRB approves and starts paying Long Term benefits to the member.
- Benefits paid to the member are tax free.
Life Insurance (24/7 coverage)
- This voluntary Life Insurance coverage includes an equal amount of Accidental Death and Dismemberment.
- Coverage is guaranteed approved – no medical questions asked!
- Members can enroll in up to $200,000 in $10,000 increments
- Spouses can enroll in up to $50,000 and dependents up to $15,000
All eligible members (those not currently enrolled) have been mailed an enrollment packet outlining their options. You can visit www.bletinsurance.com to enroll online or get more information. As always, spouses can contact the Cornerstone Office at 224-770-5307 to learn more and enroll over the phone.
To take advantage of this enrollment opportunity, members who are not currently enrolled or new to the BLET need to enroll by June 28, 2022.
There will be a separate open enrollment for all members who are currently enrolled this summer.